Friday, May 18, 2007

I found it!

I had been trying to remember this quote I discovered in the library, in a book based on depression. I don't visit the library much anymore. I still think I owe them money on some overdue books. They haven't sent me anything in the mail so I guess maybe I don't. I'd rather just buy books now.

"The mind makes a wonderful servant but a terrible master"

There's really no author. It's a maxim. Of course, a book with the title Depression Is A Choice would certainly catch my attention. The front cover caught my attention too. It was a picture with the face of a statue, of a woman, like one of those Greek ones. And she had a melancholy expression. I began to read the first chapter of the book but I soon lost interest. I guess that's why I didn't check it out. But the quote still remained in my head. I refound the quote in an old journal entry. I have quotes scattered everywhere. Glad I found it though. I like that feeling. After you've been searching for something and you find it. That feeling of relief. There's no reason as to why I wanted to find it. It's just one of those things where you have to find out what that incomplete thought, that is running around in your head, is.

I want to read some William Styron.